Friday, November 18, 2011

THE RACE IS TOMORROW!!!

Okay, first things first:


If you want to come to watch the race here are the details:


I will be running at 2 PM 


SPECTATOR TICKETS
Last year there was no charge for spectators... but ... this year they have changed that.  Here are the details they sent:
 
Spectator tickets are $10 and sold on site (please bring cash, limited Credit Card services are available). Spectators receive:    
* $5 in Spartan Bucks at the merchandise tent    
* A course map    
* Access to Spartan Race Festival Ground Areas. Activities include food vendors, live music, spear throwing, raffles, and watching your friends and loved ones slip and slide through the Spartan course!

LOCATION
327 S. Latigo Canyon Road, Malibu CA 90265.

PARKING:  
Parking is $10. Spaces are limited, so please carpool!

WAHOO! I cannot wait! 

Okay, onto how I'm feeling and what-not. I AM SO EXCITED!  

This week has been a crazy emotional roller coaster, and I can easily say that that roller coaster ride has left me a bit queezy...  At the start of the week I was so anxious I was sick.  That was followed by a round of "moody-ness". (That's code for I was a total B****) Yesterday I was back to feeling well and feeling excited! Today, I'm just simply excited.  

Part of the reason I'm excited is because I have received so much encouragement from my friends! One amazing co-worker (HOLLY!) actually decorated my desk in support!

Look at this sweet sign she hung on my desk!


Fun!
 She left me protein bars wrapped in a ribbon as well as a loving little encouragement note (pictured above) saying "Heather is more than a conqueror!"

Awesome!

My wrist is feeling better, but not completely healed.  I'd say it's at about 80%. I'm going to wear my brace tomorrow as well as have my husband help me through some of the more strenuous obstacles. 

Now all I need is a good night's sleep... which might be tough to get! I had anxiety dreams last night about the race that were so bad that I woke up in the middle of the night and dry-heaved. YUCK.  Hopefully tonight I'll be feeling more calm and prepared!

I can't believe that after SIX MONTHS of training the day is finally here! 

Pictures and video will be posted on the blog as soon as I can process them.


Oh, and in case you forgot what I'm in for... here's a video to remind you!



SPARTAN RACE. I AM SO READY FOR YOU.

AROOOO! AROOO! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment