Tuesday, June 28, 2011

This outfit brought to you by: God (and Katie)

I LOVE my job!

I work at a non-profit Christian company that works to help people with disabilities worldwide. It's an encouraging place to be, and the work is SO MUCH FUN! I get to edit footage every day, and indulge my creative side. It's awesome.

Another amazing thing about working here: THE PEOPLE. 

Hands down I have the best co-workers ever! Everyone is so supportive here!

Need proof? Okay. How about this?

I work with a girl named Katie.  She is a sweet sweet girl who has a natural gift for giving.  One day I walked past her department and she complimented my shirt. She then reached into a drawer and pulled out a shirt that looked similar to mine and just gave it to me!! She said she sometimes goes to thrift stores and picks up things she likes, even if they don't fit. So, she just happened to have this awesome shirt that was my size waiting in her drawer, and she didn't hesitate to give it away. How awesome is that?

Well today she struck again.

Currently I'm going through a lot of changes. I'm losing weight so fast that I don't want to buy new clothes. I'm also trying to grow out my pixie hair cut.  The combination of the two sent me into a frenzy as I was trying to get ready for work this morning. I felt stuck in an inbetween phase and I was feeling frustrated about it.

Don't get me wrong! I'm happy about the changes that are happening, but keeping up with the changes can be difficult when you have to wear clothes that won't fall off of you while you're working :-)

As I stood at my closet trying to make something work I frantically thought about how I would need to buy new clothes. Currently that's not a wise financial decision for us. Also, my body is changing so fast I'd probably need newer clothes shortly after.  I weighed my options. I considered hopping on this blog and begging any girls reading this who know me to donate clothes for the cause :-) but in general I decided this was a weird and bad idea.  I walked out of the house wearing saggy clothes resigned to the fact that I'd just have to endure being a little uncomfortable.

But. God knew what I needed.

I stepped out at work to take a phone call. When I returned to my desk, there was sweet Katie standing next to a box that she had placed near my chair.  She proceeded to explain that last night she just felt the need to collect a bunch of her clothes that no longer fit and to give them to me! The large box was FULL of all kinds of different beautiful clothes! Not only that, but business casual clothes that I can wear to work!!

I cannot tell you how moved I was to receive such a gift.  I immediately went and changed into a new pair of slack that are 2 sizes smaller than the ones I wore into work this morning. They fit PERFECTLY. 

How awesome is God? He knows what we need, and when we need it.  Even the most minute things. He knows about them and cares for them.

And how awesome is my co-worker Katie for being obedient to such an obscure calling.  I can't thank her enough for it!

In the meantime, I can't wait to rock my new clothes! I quickly snapped a picture of a dress at work, but I'm going to take pics of everything later and post them here.
*Please note the goofy delight in my eyes!

I think Katie reads this blog.... So Katie, if you're reading this: YOU ARE SUCH A BLESSING TO ME!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

God is the True Provider. Even of clothes :-)

3 comments:

  1. How amazing! God truly is great and works in mysterious ways (even through fashion!) Can't wait to see runway pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you're giving me way too much credit, but it is cool to hear myself referenced as having "struck again." :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oops! I never posted follow up photos. Definitely need to do that soon!

    ReplyDelete