Sunday, June 12, 2011

WEEK 3

Thursday June 10 marked my third week of training. From this point on I hope to blog every Thursday. I have completely changed my diet in addition to working out. In general I feel incredible. I have so much energy and strength. At work, I always take the stairs. When I first started 2 months ago at this job the stairs had the power to wind me. Now, after only three weeks of concentrated effort I will occasionally run up and down them throughout the day for fun!

Not only am I feeling healthier, but I feel like my attitude is drastically changing. People at my work who do not know me are referring to me as "gym girl"...!!!! That is insane to me! I used to hate going to the gym and now, I cannot wait to get in there!

All of these things are great, but the most noticeable change has been the weight loss. I weighed in on Thursday and since my initial weigh in 3 weeks ago I have lost 6 pounds!!

Here is a picture of me from late March of this year (2011) as of June 10 I have lost 12 pounds since this picture was taken. Below the picture from March is a picture of me taken today.  This is super embarrassing because I'm definitely not doing this for the physical benefits, and if I were, where my body is today would not be my idea of perfection. Nonetheless, credit should go where it is due, and it's important for me to show you a physical representation of the spiritual transformation happening in my life. So... Here you go:



March 2011




June 12, 2011

it's my goal to post one of these photos once a month... For nothing else than personal accountability!

One thing that has been problematic is my left foot. My first week of training I ran a mile in my Vibrams (check them out!)


For months I have worn these shoes to workout in. I have greatly strengthened my feet, but up until May 19th I had never jogged or ran in them. When I ran, my feet felt completely different. Afterward they were incredibly sore. My right foot went back to feeling okay, but the left still hurts. In week 2 I ran in regular tennis shoes, but afterward my foot still hurt. I have started walking with a slight limp. I think I have strained the muscles in the foot. I took it easy this week and didn't run, I just did workouts. Hopefully I'll figure out how to fix what's wrong soon! Prayer would be appreciated!

What things are you doing in your life that you're seeing results in? There is such joy in the small things!!

No comments:

Post a Comment